ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
This recipe is vegan-friendly and healthy. Try this easy recipe for cauliflower and potato salad, enriched with curry powder, cumin, and coriander seeds.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 4
How To Make a Tasty Cauliflower and Potato Salad
1. To prepare the cauliflower and potato salad, start toasting the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry pan until they start to release their fragrance then set aside.
2. Drop the tomatoes into boiling water for 30 seconds then drain, peel off the skins and roughly chop the flesh.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion until soft but not brown.
4. Add the garlic, turmeric and curry powder, cook gently for 2 minutes then add the toasted cumin and coriander seeds and the chopped potatoes and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring all the time.
5. Stir in the cauliflower florets, add half a cup of water and cover with a lid.
6. Cook for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring from time to time, or until the potatoes are tender. Add a little more water during cooking if necessary.
7. Stir in the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and serve the cauliflower and potato salad warm or cold garnished with the spring onions and flaked almonds.