ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Traditional British classic dish made from fried potatoes and cabbage, Bubble and Squeak is a great way of using up leftovers. Try this easy recipe at home!
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a tasty bubble and squeak
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Add the cabbage for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the milk and the butter to the potatoes and cabbage and season well with salt and pepper.
- Mash the mixture with a potato masher.
- Add the potato mixture to the frying pan, spreading it and pushing it down, so that the mixture covers the base of the pan.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes until the base is golden brown.
- Turn over and cook the other side for a further 7-10 minutes until golden brown.