ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Try this brussels sprouts with dates and pine nuts recipe, it's a tasty and vegan side dish perfect to be served with a meat or fish main course.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 1
How to make Brussels Sprouts with dates and pine nuts
- Make a cross-like shallow incision in the base of the Brussel sprouts.
- Soak them in bowls of cold water.
- Drain the Brussels sprouts and place them in a large saucepan.
- Cover with fresh water and add a little salt.
- Bring to the boil over a moderate heat, then simmer for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Drain once tender and allow them to cool a little.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan set over a moderate heat.
- Pan fry the Brussel sprouts and dates for a few minutes, tossing and stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat then season and spoon onto serving plates.
- Sprinkle with the pine nuts before serving.
- The best way to serve this side dish is on large plates or platters; not everyone is a fan of Brussel sprouts, so let them serve themselves.