ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
This Brussels sprouts with chestnuts and bacon is a gourmet side dish perfect to accompany perfect to accompany any meat or fish dish.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 4
How to make Brussels sprouts with chestnuts and bacon
- Remove any tough outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the sprouts until just tender 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Cut the sprouts in half.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the bacon, frying until crisp and golden.
- Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon, then add the halved sprouts and chestnuts and the wine.
- Cook at a fast simmer until the wine has reduced to a syrupy consistency, then return the bacon to the pan and adjust the seasoning.