ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Roasted broccoli is tossed in a herby vinaigrette along with soft boiled eggs and parmesan to make a satisfying side or main salad dish.
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 4
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180 fan) | 400°F | gas 6.
2. Arrange the broccoli in a single layer in a roasting tin and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 25 minutes or until golden and tender-crisp.
3. Meanwhile, put the eggs in a saucepan and add cold water to cover by 2 cm. Bring to the boil, then take the pan off the heat. Cover and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
4. Plunge the eggs into cold water. When they're cool enough to handle, peel off the shells and set aside.
5. To make the dressing, put the mustard, honey, lemon and thyme in a small jar with a pinch of salt and shake to emulsify.
6. Divide the broccoli between four plates and toss with the salad leaves and dressing. Use a vegetable peeler to shave over the Parmesan, then pull the eggs apart with your fingers and lay them on top. Season with black pepper and serve immediately.