ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Bechamel sauce is the easy French sauce used to fill traditional Italian lasagna. Find out how to prepare a perfect bechamel sauce step by step!
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 6
- Recipe cuisine French
Bechamel Sauce Recipe
Simili Sisters' bechamel sauce recipe: this easy French sauce is the ultimate filling for traditional Italian traditional
How to Make a Perfect Bechamel Sauce
1. Place the butter in sauce pan and let it melt.
2. Remove from heat and add the sifted flour with a strainer or sifter.
3. Let it absorb completely then turn back on the heat and, stirring constantly, let it sauté gently for 1-2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat again and add the boiling milk, whisking it.
5. As soon as the mixture is blended, turn on flame and keep stirring while you bring it to boil.
6. If the sauce is destined to be cooked in the oven, it’s enough to let it boil only 2-3 minutes.
7. If instead, it will be used straight off the stovetop, let it boil at least 8-10 minutes.
8. If not, you will still have a starchy taste from the flour, and you’ll find the sauce too sticky.
If not boiled long enough, béchamel will stick to the palate!