ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Try this baked sweet potatoes with beetroot cream recipe: it's a tasty vegan side made with soya yoghurt, that could be served also as a main course.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 4
How to make Baked Sweet Potato with Beetroot Cream
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170° fan) | gas 5.
- Line a large baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Prick the potatoes all over with the tines of a fork. Place on the tray.
- Rub the beetroot with olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Wrap in foil and then place next to the sweet potatoes on the tray.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until both the potatoes and beetroot are tender to the tip of a knife.
- Remove from the oven and let the potatoes cool to one side. Carefully open up the beetroot and let cool briefly before refreshing in a bowl of cold water.
- Once cool enough to handle, roughly chop. Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the soy milk yoghurt and some chopped dill.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Split the potatoes open with a sharp knife.
- Fill with the beetroot yoghurt cream and top with dill sprigs and some freshly ground black pepper before serving.