ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for new exotic recipe ideas? Try these chicken mango rolls: it's a tasty Vietnamese dish easy to prepare at home.
- Rice vermicelli 100 g
- Rice vinegar 1 tbsp, or white wine vinegar
- Fish sauce 2 tbsp
- Mint 1 bunch, finely chopped
- Coriander 1/3 bunch, finely chopped
- Basil 1/2 bunch, finely chopped
- Cucumber ½ , cut into matchsticks
- Mango 2, stoned, peeled and sliced
- Chicken 2 - 3 breasts, cooked and shredded
- Chilli 1 red, deseeded and finely chopped
- Rice pancakes 12 or sheets (not rice paper)
For the dipping sauce
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make Vietnamese chicken mango rolls
Soak the vermicelli according to packet instructions and drain once rehydrated.
Place in a bowl and add the vinegar and fish sauce, then add the rest of the filling ingredients and mix carefully.
Soak the pancakes according to packet instructions then lay on kitchen paper to dry.
Spoon a narrow strip of filling down the centre of each pancake, fold over one half and then roll up as tightly as possible.
Slice each roll in half or quarters and refrigerate.
Make the dipping sauce by whisking the ingredients together.
Serve your Vietnamese chicken mango rolls chilled rolls with the sauce alongside.
If you prefer, you can put prawns instead of chicken. Large cooked king prawns go really well with mango and spices.