ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
How to make Vietnamese bo bun recipe, a traditional soup prepared with rice noodles (bún) and beef (bò). Check out the ingredients and the step-by-step recipe.
- Garlic 3 cloves, finely chopped
- Ginger 1 1/2 cm, fresh, finely chopped
- Lemongrass 1 spring, finely chopped
- Fish sauce 2 tbsp
- Palm sugar 1 tsp
- Beef 600 g, fillet,ready-to-cook, cut into thin strips
- Lettuce 12 leaves, e. g. cos lettuce
- Bean sprouts 150 g
- Carrots 2, finely sliced or grated
- Cucumber 1/2, finely sliced or grated
- Rice noodles 300 g
- Germ oil 2 tbsp
- Onion 1 large, sliced
- Thai basil 2 tbsp, roughly chopped
- Mint 2 tbsp leaves, roughly chopped
- Peanuts 2 tbsp, roughly chopped
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
Vietnamese bo bun recipe (beef and rice noodles)
Ti prepare the Vietnamese bo bun recipe first mix together the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, fish sauce, sugar and ground black pepper an marinate the meat in it for around 25 min.
Place the lettuce leaves in bowls and blanche the bean sprouts in boiling salt water for 1 min.
Mix together the bean sprouts, carrots and cucumber and arrange them on the lettuce leaves.
Cook the noodles in boiling salt water for two minutes, quench and drain well.
Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onion. Push the onion to the side of the wok, add some more oil if necessary and fry the meat on all sides on a high heat.
Mix together the meat and the onions with the herbs then take some of the onion-meat mixture and some of the noodles and arrange on top of the salad.
Serve the Vietnamese bo bun recipe sprinkled with the peanuts.