ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for new recipe ideas to serve your vegetarian friends? Try this vegetarian meatloaf with glazed vegetables recipe for a delicious dish!
For the Meatloaf
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Sunflower seeds 2 tbsp
- Lentils 100 g, yellow, rinsed
- Potatoes 200 g, floury, peeled and coarsely grated
- Onion 2, peeled and chopped
- Garlic 1 clove, peeled and chopped
- Leek 1, rinsed, cleaned and chopped
- Turnips 100 g, white, rinsed, cleaned and chopped
- Pistachio 100 g, nuts, peeled , chopped
- Whole wheat flour 2 - 3 tbsp
- Eggs 2
- Parsley 2 tbsp, freshly chopped
For the Vegetables
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to male a delicious Vegetarian Meatloaf with Glazed Vegetables
Heat the oven to 180 conventional / 160°C fan assisted / gas 3.
Grease the loaf pan with oil and scatter with sunflower seeds.
Place the lentils in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for around 30 minutes until cooked but not disintegrating. Drain and let cool.
If the potatoes are very wet, squeeze to remove excess liquid. Place in a mixing bowl.
Add the onions, garlic, leek, turnip, pistachios, flour, eggs, lentils and parsley to the potatoes and mix well.
Season the mixture with salt, pepper and nutmeg and turn into the loaf pan.
Smooth the surface and bake for 40 minutes until golden brown.
Fry the vegetables in hot oil until slightly softened, add 2-3 tbsp of water, salt and pepper, cover and simmer for around 8 minutes until cooked through.
Remove the lid and allow the liquid to boil off, dust with confectioners’ sugar and continue frying until the vegetables are glazed.
Arrange the vegetables on plates.
Turn the vegetarian meatloaf out of the pan, slice and arrange with the glazed vegetables.