ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Here is how to prepare a delicious veal fillet in cocoa served with rhubarb, chanterelles and shallots: check out the ingredient list and the preparation.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 2
- Wash and trim the rhubarb and cut into pieces.
- Clean the chanterelles.
- Put the sugar into a pan and heat over a low heat until it caramelises to a light brown colour, then deglaze with the vinegar and stir over the heat until the mixture has the consistency of syrup.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Peel and dice the shallots. Crush the coriander.
- Heat the cane sugar in a frying pan with 2 tbsp walnut oil until caramelised.
- Add the shallots, star anise and coriander, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook gently for about 5 minutes.
- Season the veal fillets with salt and pepper and dip in cocoa powder to coat lightly.
- Heat the clarified butter in an ovenproof frying pan and quickly brown the veal fillets on both sides over a medium heat.
- Then transfer to a preheated oven (180°C) and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the rhubarb to the shallots and heat briefly.
- Stir in 1 tsp butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- At the same time, sauté the chanterelles over a fairly high heat in the rest of the butter.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix with the rhubarb and shallots.
- Spoon the rhubarb, chanterelles and shallots on to plates and arrange the veal fillets on top.
- Sprinkle with the balsamic syrup and serve.