ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Here is how to prepare a delicious turnip stew with apple and bacon, a warming recipe perfect for a winter meal.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to prepare a tasty turnip stew with apple and bacon
- Peel and finely dice the onion.
- Wash and peel the carrots, turnips and potatoes and cut into dice or sticks.
- Trim and wash the leeks and cut into rings.
- Peel, quarter and core the apples and slice thinly lengthwise.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Dice the cooked pork.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and saute the onion and bacon.
- Add the stock, a few sprigs of marjoram, the bay leaves, carrots, potatoes, turnips and leeks.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3 minutes before the end of cooking time add the pork and apples.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with marjoram leaves.