ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for a flavorful recipe for a special occasion? Try this turkey breast wrapped in puffed pastry, that could be served also as a tasty main course.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a delicious turkey breast in puff pastry
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) gas 4.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and lightly brown the turkey breasts on both sides. Set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix the mushrooms with the thyme, peppers and cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the turkey breasts with lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the pastry and cut into 4 squares, large enough to enclose the turkey breasts.
- Place the turkey breasts on the pastry squares. Spread the cheese mixture over the top of the turkey breasts.
- Brush one long side of pastry with beaten egg. Fold the unbrushed side over the turkey and press together to seal. Join the ends of the pastry and trim any excess.
- Cut 2-3 slits in the top of the pastry to allow the steam to escape and brush the top with the remaining beaten egg.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for about 40 minutes, until the pastry is golden and crisp.
- Garnish the turkey breast in puff pastry with fresh thyme, and serve.