ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Craving for Moroccan food? Learn how to make this easy chicken tagine recipe with olives and artichokes
- Spring chicken 1 approx. 1,2 kg, prepared, cut into portion-sized pieces
- Olive oil 30 ml
- Onion 4 - 6 each, small
- Garlic 3 cloves, crushed
- Ginger powder 5 ml
- Saffron 1 pinch
- Green olives 100 g, stones removed
- Lemon 1 ½, cut into thick slices
- Artichoke 2 each, canned, drained, quartered
- Coriander 30 ml fresh leaves, chopped
- Parsley 30 ml fresh leaves, chopped + some whole leaves for garnish
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Moroccan
Rub the chicken pieces with salt and ground black pepper.
Heat the oil in a large skillet and fry the chicken on all sides, set aside.
Add the onions to the skillet and fry gently for a few minutes.
Add the garlic, ginger, saffron and 225 ml water and stir well.
Add the chicken and turn often until the pieces are completely covered in sauce.
Bring to a boil and leave to simmer for about 30 minutes with a lid on.
Add the olives, lemons, artichokes, coriander and parsley and simmer further for another 15 minutes.
Season to taste.
When the chicken is done, remove it from the liquid and keep warm.
If the sauce is too liquid allow to reduce at a slightly higher temperature.
Arrange the chicken and the rest of the ingredients on a preheated platter (tagine) and garnish with parsley.