ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
A tasty seafood recipe for the summer prepared with scallops in a garlicky tomato sauce. It's easy to make and delicious.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How To Make Scallops with Tomato Sauce
1. Place the tomatoes in boiling water for a few seconds, then immediately into cold water. Peel and quarter the tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut into large cubes.
2. Fry the scallops gently in hot olive oil for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Remove from the frying pan and place on one side.
3. Fry the onions, garlic and diced tomatoes in the remaining pan juices, then pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Add the basil. Divide onto plates. Place three scallops onto each plate, season with freshly milled pepper, garnish with basil and serve.