ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Baking samosas in the oven makes it a lighter treat that everyone can enjoy. Quinoa adds a nice bite to a traditional lamb filling!
- Preparation time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 8
- Pre-heat the oven to 300F/150C .
- Rinse the quinoa and cook according to package instructions.
- In a large roasting tin, lay a large sheet of foil. Place the lamb in the centre and top with the garlic, herbs and the butter and seal tightly to enclose the lamb entirely within the foil.
- Place in the oven and roast for 2 1⁄2 hours. Leave to rest until cool enough to handle. Shred the lamb meat from the bone then add to a large bowl along with the quinoa.
- Turn the oven up to 410F/210C.
- Make the samosas: carefully pull off strips of filo pastry from the pack and brush them with melted butter. Place a tablespoon of the lamb mixture at one end of the strip and fold the strips into triangles .
- Brush the samosas with melted butter and place on a wire rack in the oven. Bake until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.