ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Learn how to prepare a delicious roasted cod served with beets and spinach: it's an easy recipe to make at home, perfect for a special dinner.
For the beetroot
For the cod
For the spinach
- Parsley flat-leaf
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a tasty roasted cod with beets and spinach
- Heat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) gas 6.
- Cut the beetroot in half, or quarters if large.
- Spread the pieces out in a single layer in a roasting tin.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the beetroot and toss to coat. Sprinkle the butter over the top and cover the tin with foil.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes until very tender.
- Dice the beetroot and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan. Season the cod with salt and fry the cod, flesh side down until golden.
- Put into to the oven for about 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Rinse the spinach and put into a frying pan with the butter over a low heat, stirring until the leaves wilt.
- Season with salt and pepper and drain well.
- Divide between 4 warm serving plates. Arrange the cod on top and top with a spoonful of diced beetroot.
- Spon the beetroot liquid arond the plates and garnish with parsley.