ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Red Cabbage Roulades with Mince Stuffing is a tasty recipe to prepare if you want to have a classy dinner at home.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make Red Cabbage Roulades with Mince Stuffing
- Remove the outer leaves of the cabbage.
- Then take off 16-24 large leaves and cut the thick ribs flat.
- Put 2 litres water into a pan with the vinegar, sugar and salt and bring to the boil.
- Add the cabbage leaves and cook for about 10 minutes, then take out and drain.
- Break up the bread roll and soak in the milk.
- Squeeze out and mix with the mince and the eggs. Peel and finely chop one onion.
- Heat 1 tbsp goose fat and sweat the onion until translucent. Mix with the mince mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To make 8 roulades, lay the cabbage leaves out in twos or threes on a work surface.
- Place some of the filling on each set of leaves and roll up to make roulades.
- Tie with kitchen string. Heat the rest of the goose fat in a roasting tin. Peel and finely dice the remaining onion.
- Peel and finely dice the carrot. Add to the roasting tin with the spices and saute quickly.
- Add the roulades and fry quickly on all sides.
- Then add the stock and wine and bring to the boil. Turn the roulades, cover and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel the potatoes and cook in salted water.
- Take the roulades out of the roasting tin and keep warm.
- Boil the cooking liquid until slightly reduced.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the creme fraiche.
- Serve the red cabbage roulades in deep plates with the sauce and the boiled potatoes.