ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
A luscious turkey fricassee made with honey and served on a bed of delicious red cabbage: try this gourmet recipe ideal for a tasty lunch or dinner.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a delicious red cabbage with honey turkey fricassee
- Place the shredded red cabbage in a large, heavy-based saucepan.
- Pour in the red wine vinegar and add the sugar, stick of cinnamon, bay leaf and some seasoning.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook over a low heat.
- Cook gently for 2 hours, stirring the cabbage from time to time.
- Remove from the heat after 2 hours; the cabbage should be soft and deep purple in colour.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a moderate heat until hot.
- Stir-fry the turkey strips with some seasoning for 6-8 minutes until they are lightly golden.
- Add the honey and continue to cook the turkey over a reduced heat for a further 4-5 minutes until cooked through and glazed.
- Reheat the red cabbage if necessary and spoon into serving bowl.
- Top with the honey turkey fricassee and garnish with a sprig of chervil before serving.