This fragrant Mexican rice is laced with garlic, onions and tomatoes. It's the perfect side dish to a spicy-themed menu.
22 November, 2018
0 HR 35 MIN
- Drop the tomatoes into boiling water for a few seconds, then skin, halve, deseed and remove the hard cores at the top. Dice the flesh.
- Peel and dice the onions.
- Peel and press the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sweat the onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and sweat briefly. Take out of the pan.
- Put the rice into the pan and sweat briefly, then add the stock and 75 ml water and cook, covered, over a low heat for 20 minutes, until the rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Add the tomatoes and onions for the last 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.