ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Easy lamb meatballs recipe from Greece, with tomato sauce and olives
For the tomato sauce
For the meatballs
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Greek
For the tomato sauce:
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and gently cook the shallots and garlic.
2. Add the tomato puree and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and one sprig of thyme and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until quite thick.
4. Add the basil leaves and the rest of the thyme leaves, season with salt and pepper and stir in the olives.
For the meatballs:
1. Cook the shallots in butter until translucent.
2. Soak the bread rolls in milk, then squeeze out and add to the ground lamb with the shallots and the egg.
3. Add the parsley, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
With wet hands form into small balls.
4. Heat the oil in a clean skillet and fry the meatballs on all sides for about 6 minutes until golden brown.
5. Serve the meatballs in the tomato sauce.