ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for a tasty main course idea? Made with lamb, okra and pumpkin, this stew is easy to do at home!
- Lamb 600 g, lean (from the leg)
- Okra 300 g, pods
- Pumpkin 400 g, peeled and seeds removed
- Onion 1
- Garlic 3 cloves, finely chopped
- Tomato 2 large and1 tbsp puree
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Bay 2 leaves
- Caraway 1/2 tsp, ground
- Curry 1 tsp, powder
- Pepper freshly ground
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Wine 100 ml, white
- Meat stock 100 ml
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to prepare a delicious lamb stew with okra and pumpkin
- Cut the meat into large, bite-sized pieces.
- Wash the okra pods and cut in half crosswise.
- Cut the pumpkin flesh into large, bite-sized pieces.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Drop the tomatoes into boiling water for a few seconds, refresh in cold water, then skin, quarter and deseed.
- Brown the meat on all sides in a large frying pan, then take out.
- Add the onions and garlic and sweat, stirring, until soft.
- Return the meat to the pan, add the bay leaves, caraway, tomato puree and curry powder and sweat all together for a couple of minutes.
- Add the wine and stock.
- Add the okra and pumpkin and cook over a low heat for about 40 minutes.
- Finally mix in the tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Season the stew with salt and pepper, add lemon juice to taste and serve.