ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for a tasty new meat recipe? Try to prepare lamb chops with parsnip puree and mushrooms, a delicious and rich main course.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make Lamb Chops with Parsnip Puree and Mushrooms
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Prepare the parsnip purée by cooking the parsnip in boiling, salted water until tender; usually 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a food processor.
- Blitz until smooth and transfer to a mixing bowl then beat in half of the butter and some seasoning. Reserve to one side.
- Prepare the herb oil by blitzing together the herbs and the olive oil in a food processor until you have a green oil.
- Transfer to a jug, cover, and reserve to one side until needed.
- Season the best ends of lamb then heat an oven-proof frying pan over a medium-high heat until hot.
- Sear the best ends of lambs until some of the fat has rendered down and the meat is golden on the ends and the underside.
- Roast in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush the mushrooms lightly to clean them, then melt the remaining butter in a large frying pan.
- Sauté the mushrooms over a medium-high heat with a little seasoning for 2-3 minutes until just soft.
- Remove the lamb and allow it to rest for a few minutes before carving into chops.
- Re-heat the parsnip purée in the microwave until piping hot.
- Arrange the lamb chops stacked on plates and spoon some herb oil over the top.
- Place a generous tablespoon of the mushrooms and the parsnip purée beside the lamb chops before serving.