ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Try this tasty recipe for grilled cod served with grilled fennel and brussels sprouts: it's a gourmet main course ideal for lunch or dinner.
- Brussels sprouts 500 g, scored with an 'x' on their underside
- Fennel 2 bulbs
- Onion 1 red, small, finely chopped
- Garlic 1 clove, finely chopped
- Bread crumbs 50 g, panko
- Mozzarella 50 g, grated
- Cod 4 thick fillets, skinned and pin-boned
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Thyme sprigs, for garnishing
- Pepper black, freshly ground
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a delcious Grilled Cod with Fennel and Brussels Sprouts
- Parboil the Brussel sprouts in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water until just tender to the tip of a knife, 8-10 minutes. Drain well.
- Cut the fennel bulbs lengthwise into 1.25 cm | 0.5" thick slices. Reserve the fronds for a garnish.
- Preheat the grill to hot.
- Stir together the red onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, and mozzarella with some salt and pepper to taste in a small mixing bowl.
- Arrange the cod on a grilling tray and pack the breadcrumb mixture onto the fillets.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the Brussels sprouts and fennel slices on a separate grilling tray.
- Drizzle with some olive oil, turn to coat, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grill the cod for 6-8 minutes until firm to the touch and opaque; the topping should be golden-brown.
- Remove from the grill and keep warm, covered with aluminium foil.
- Grill the sprouts and fennel until golden-brown, turning occasionally, 6-8 minutes as well.
- Remove from the grill and serve alongside the grilled cod.
- Garnish with fennel and thyme sprigs.