ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Learn how to prepare this classic Hungarian recipe: goulash is an easy and delicious stew to cook for your family and friends.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to prepare a delicious goulash
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the meat on a high heat.
- Add the onion, caraway, peppercorns and bay leaves and fry for a few minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and the tomato purée and deglaze with the wine.
- Add approx. 300 ml stock and the paprika powder, half cover with a lid and braise for around 1 hour 30 minutes on a low heat.
- Stir occasionally and if necessary add some more stock.
- Add the carrots and leek for the final 40 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking time season with salt and cayenne pepper and serve.