ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Just follow the simple steps below to prepare a mouthwatering vegetarian frittata, an Italian omelette made with eggs, spring onions, watercress and tarragon.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 6
How to make frittata with scallions, watercress and tarragon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) gas 4.
- Heat the oil in a cast-iron pan set over a medium heat until hot.
- Add the onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt, and sweat for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Stir together the beaten egg and milk in a jug or bowl. Add to the pan, stir briefly, and leave to set over a low heat for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the spring onions and tarragon, and then arrange the watercress on top, pressing down gently.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until set. Remove from the oven and leave to stand briefly.
- Preheat the grill to hot.
- Flash the frittata under the grill for 30-40 seconds to glaze the top before serving.