ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
The unique combination of spices in Moqueca de Camarao, a easy fish stew recipe with shrimps, makes it one of the best and most famous Brazilian foods
- Oil 45 ml
- Onion 1, finely chopped
- Garlic 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Chili pepper 2 each, green, deseeded and sliced
- Paprika 5 ml
- Tomato 2 cans / 800 gr chopped tomatoes
- Coconut milk 1 can / 400 ml
- Fish fillet 250 g, white, cut in large chunks
- Shrimp 250 g, peeled
- Lime juice from 2 limes
- Scallion 2 each, sliced
- Coriander 30 ml, chopped
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Central/South American
Heat the oil in a large pan and gently cook the onion until soft but not brown.
Add the garlic, green chili peppers and paprika and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and coconut milk, bring to a boil then season with salt and pepper and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.
Add the fish and the shrimps, simmer very gently for 10 minutes then add the lime juice.
Check the seasoning and serve with the scallions and chopped coriander scattered over.