ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Learn how to prepare a delicious fish pie with prawns: it's a tasty main course and a great everyday meal for the family.
- Potato 400 g, floury, peeled and cubed
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic 1 clove, finely chopped
- Leek 1, halved lengthways and chopped
- Carrot 2, peeled and chopped
- Flour 1 - 2 tbsp
- White wine 50 ml, dry
- Fish stock 250 ml
- Double cream 150 ml
- Salmon 400 g, fillet, skinned, ready to cook, or cod, gudgeon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Prawns 400 g, peeled, entrails removed, ready to cook
- Milk 100 ml, lukewarm
- Gouda 3 tbsp, grated
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Parsley 2 tbsp, chopped
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a delicious fish pie with prawns
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salt water for 25-30 min.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the garlic.
- Add the vegetables and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the flour, wine and stock and stir well making sure that there are no lumps.
- Add the cream, fish and prawns, season with salt and ground black pepper and simmer on a medium heat for around 10 min until thick.
- Drain the potatoes, leave to cool slightly and then mash.
- Add the milk, cheese and butter, season with salt, ground black pepper and nutmeg and transfer to a piping bag.
- Heat the oven to 200°C (180°C in a fan oven), gas 6.
- Stir the parsley into the fish mixture, season to taste and transfer to a baking dish.
- Pipe the mash on top so that it is well covered and bake for around 40 min.
- Serve the fish pie with peas and carrots.