ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Here is how to prepare a delicious fennel salad with lamb, cucumber, lettuce, red pepper and broad beans, and topped with crushed peanuts.
For the dressing
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a tasty Fennel Salad with Lamb
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan) | gas 5.
- Rub the lamb breasts with the olive oil and season well.
- Heat a large heatproof frying pan over a moderate heat until hot and seal the lamb breasts until golden brown in colour all over.
- Transfer to oven to finish cooking for 12-14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mustard, honey, white wine vinegar and seasoning until smooth in a small mixing bowl. Whisk in the groundnut oil in a slow steady stream until you have a thickened dressing.
- Fold through most of the peanuts and chill until ready to use.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
- Toss with the cucumber, fennel, lettuce, red pepper and broad beans before arranging in serving bowls.
- Drizzle with the dressing and garnish the top with fennel tops and a pinch of the remaining crushed peanuts.
- Serve immediately.