ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
An easy and quick recipe for fennel and potato gratin with French Camembert cheese, perfect for a fancy weeknight meal.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make fennel and potato gratin with Camembert
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) gas 4.
- Grease a 23 cm | 9" round baking dish with 1 tbsp butter.
- Parboil the potatoes in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water until just tender to the tip of a knife, 10-12 minutes.
- Add the fennel to the water, remove from the heat, and let stand for 1 minute before draining.
- Arrange the potatoes and fennel in the baking dish.
- Top with the Camembert before pouring over the stock and cream.
- Dot with the remaining butter and sprinkle over the fennel seeds.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the Camembert is melted and bubbling.
- Remove the fennel and potato gratin from the heat and let stand for at least 5 minutes before serving with a garnish of fennel fronds.