ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
This duck with pears recipe is a perfect main course to serve if you want to have a classy dinner at home. Check out the ingredient list and the preparation.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 6
How to prepare duck with pears
- Heat the oven to 200°C (180°C in a fan oven), gas 6.
- Spread the almonds on a baking tray and roast until golden.
- Remove from the tray and leave to cool. Brush the baking tray with oil.
- Pierce the skin of the duck multiple times. Rub with salt and 1 tbsp oil.
- Place on the prepared baking tray, breast side down and roast for 1 hour.
- Drain the fat, turn the duck and add 150 ml water.
- Roast for another 50-60 minutes until the skin is crispy.
- Place the wine in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Add the pears halves and cook for 10-20 minutes until soft.
- Fry the onion in the remaining oil for around 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Stir in the tomatoes and simmer until thick.
- Add the stock and some of the pear-wine broth and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Grind the garlic and almonds in a mortar with the schnapps.
- Stir into the sauce and season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Remove the duck from the oven and cut into pieces.
- Add the meat juices to the sauce along with the sage, season to taste and serve with the drained pears and the duck.