ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Duck with orange sauce is a perfect dish for an holiday or special dinner. Follow the easy steps below to prepare it at home!
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 6
How to make duck with orange sauce
- Heat the oven to 180°C | gas 4.
- Rinse the duck and pat dry.
- Season the inside of the duck with salt. Wash the oranges and finely chop 3 of them.
- Stuff the duck with the oranges and bind with kitchen twine.
- Season the outside of the duck with salt and pepper.
- Clean, wash and chop the mirepoix. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the mirepoix.
- Deglaze with chicken stock and pour into a drip tray.
- Place the drip tray onto the bottom of the oven, and place the duck onto the oven rack above the drip tray.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Turn the oven up to a temperature of 200°C | gas 6 and baste the duck with juices from the drip tray.
- Cook for a further hour.
- In the meantime chop 1 orange and thinly slice the other one.
- Remove the drip tray from the oven about 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Strain through a sieve, catching any juices.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and add the chopped orange pieces. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Stir and allow to caramelise. Deglaze with the duck juices.
- Remove any fat and reduce by half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the orange pieces.
- Take the duck out of the oven and place on a platter.
- Garnish with orange slices and parsley.
- Pour some of the sauce over the top and serve together with the rest of the sauce.