ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for a classy main dish for a special occasion? Try this tasty duck Breast with apple and mushroom Stuffing served with gravy sauce.
- Bread 2 stale rolls, sliced
- Milk 50 ml, hot
- Duck 2 breasts, 350 g each, ready to cook
- Shallot 2, diced
- Apple 1, diced
- Mushrooms 200 g, fresh porcini, sliced
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Garlic 1 clove, finely chopped
- Parsley 2 tbsp, fresh, chopped
- Eggs 1
- Red wine vinegar 1 tbsp
- Chicken stock 300 ml
- Butter 300 ml, cold
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make Duck Breast with Apple and Mushroom Stuffing
- Heat the oven to its lowest temperature and soften the rolls in the hot milk.
- Cut into the fat end on the duck breast without cutting right through to create a pocket.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Fry the shallots, apple and mushrooms in hot oil.
- Add the garlic and season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Leave to cool slightly and then add to the rolls and milk along with the parsley and the egg.
- Knead well and transfer to a piping bag with a large hole.
- Pipe the stuffing into the pocket in the meat and close with toothpicks.
- Fry in a hot pan skin down without oil until golden brown.
- Turn and fry for another minute then transfer to a baking tray and grill for a few minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with some vinegar, add the chicken stock, bring to the boil and cream with the cold butter.
- Sieve and season to taste.
- Remove the toothpicks from the meat and cut diagonally into slices.
- Arrange the duck breast with apple and mushroom stuffing on plates and serve with the gravy.