ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
A fun twist on traditional Cajun dirty rice featuring cranberries and pecans. You'll love this hearty and flavorful dish perfect for a Southern-themed meal.
- Long grain rice 200g | 1 1/2 cups
- Chicken livers, roughly chopped 200g | 1 1/3 cups
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Onions, finely diced 2 each
- Cranberries, dried 110 g | 2/3 cup
- Garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 each
- Ground cumin to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Chicken stock 650 ml
- Spring onions, cut into rings 4 each
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped 2 tbsp
- Pecans, chopped 110g | 2/3 cup
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine American
How To Make Dirty Rice
1. Fry the liver and the stomach in hot oil.
2. Add the onions, cranberries and garlic. Season with cumin, salt, cayenne pepper and Tabasco.
3. Add the rice stirring continuously for 1-2 minutes.
4. Stir in the chicken stock and simmer on a low heat for approximately 20 minutes until the rice has soaked up nearly all the liquid.
5. Add the spring onions, parsley and the nuts and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Season with salt and cayenne pepper and serve.