ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
How to make cod with kale, pumpkin mash and horseradish sour cream, a great everyday main course for the family.
For the horseradish sour cream
For the mash
For the fish
- Extra-virgin olive oil 2 tbsp
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
For the pumpkin mash
- Cook the pumpkin in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water until tender, 18-22 minutes.
- Drain well, and leave to steam off for a few minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to hot.
- Return the pumpkin to the saucepan they were cooked in and add the extra-virgin olive oil and plenty of seasoning.
- Mash until smooth, adjusting the seasoning to taste as needed.
- Arrange the kale and ham on a grilling tray.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and then grill for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally, until the kale is crisp at the edges.
- The ham may need an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add most of the kale to the mash, folding to incorporate.
- Chop two slices of grilled ham and fold into the mash.
For the horseradish cream
- Stir together the grated horseradish and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Add the sour cream and seasoning and stir again until well-combined. Cover and chill until needed.
For the fish
- Drizzle the cod with olive oil and season with the pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange on a grilling tray and grill until firm yet slightly springy to the touch, 5-7 minutes, turning once.
- Spoon the mash onto plates.
- Top with the cod, the remaining grilled kale and ham.
- Garnish with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and serve with the horseradish sour cream on the side.