ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for new tasty recipes to serve for Christmas? Try this amazing Cranberry Stuffing with Bacon, check out the ingredient list and the preparation.
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Onion 1 small, finely chopped
- Apple 1 Granny Smith, cored, peeled, and diced
- Sage 1/2 tsp, dried
- Pork 450 g, mince or sausage meat
- Cranberries 1 small handful , thawed if frozen
- Apricot 1 ripe, halved and pitted
- Bacon 8 rashers, streaky
- Bay 2 leaves
- Pepper black, freshly ground
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a delicious Christmas cranberry stuffing with bacon
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170° fan) | gas 5.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan set over a medium heat. Add the onion, apple, and a pinch of salt, sweating until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Tip out into a mixing bowl. Add the dried sage, pork mince, and some more salt and pepper to taste.
- Scrunch together with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Shape the apricot halves around one or two cranberries.
- Shape the pork mixture into a rough rectangle shape with the apricot enclosed in the centre.
- Press the remaining cranberries into the pork.
- Wrap the pork with the bacon rashers, four across the centre and four around the ends of the pork to secure it.
- Place on the baking tray and top with the bay leaves.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden-brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool briefly before slicing and serving.