ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
If you're looking for tasty chicken orzo salad ideas, try this Asian-style orzo salad prepared with roasted chicken, edamame and almonds: easy and delicious!
- Edamame 275 g, shelled, frozen
- Orzo 450 g
- Chicken 500 g, cooked rotisserie, roughly chopped
- Onion 4, green, whites and greens cleaned and sliced thin
- Pepper 2 red, medium, rinsed, cored and diced
- Vegetable oil 55 ml
- Sesame oil 1 tablespoon, toasted
- Ginger 2 teaspoons, root, fresh, grated
- Rice wine vinegar 55 ml
- Soy sauce 55 ml, low-sodium
- Hoisin sauce 2 tablespoons
- Almonds 30 g, slivered toasted
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 8
Asian-style Chicken Orzo Salad Recipe
To prepare an Asian-style chicken orzo salad recipe first blanch the edamame in boiling, salted water for 2 to 3 minutes.
Drain and rinse under cold water and drain again. Set aside.
Cook orzo in boiling, salted water according to package directions or until al dente. Drain well.
In a large bowl, combine the edamame, orzo, chicken, green onions and bell peppers.
In a separate bowl, whisk the vegetable oil, sesame oil, grated ginger, vinegar, soy sauce and hoisin sauce together.
Pour sauce over the orzo mixture and toss to combine. Stir in toasted almonds.
Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Serve the Asian-style chicken orzo salad cold or at room temperature.