ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
A chicken curry recipe you can't miss if you like tasty food: chicken laksa, a Malaysian soup with Chinese, Indian and Malay influences, made with curry.
- Chili pepper 3 each, deseeded and roughly chopped
- Garlic 4 cloves, chopped
- Ginger A thumb size piece, peeled and roughly chopped
- Shallot 4 each, peeled
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Coriander 2 roots, roughly chopped
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Coconut milk 400 ml
- Chicken stock 400 ml
- Lemongrass 1 stalk
- Chicken 3 breasts, skinned and cut into strips
- Fish sauce 2 tbsp
- Light soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Baby spinach 1 handful, chopped
- Rice noodles 150 g, soaked according to packet instructions coated with a little oil
- Lime 2 each, juiced
- Lime leaves to garnish
- Fresh coriander cilandro
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Indian
Place the chilli peppers, garlic, ginger, shallots, turmeric, coriander root and oil in a food processor and pulse to make a fine paste.
Heat a large pan and gently fry the paste for 2 minutes, stirring all the time to prevent it burning.
Add the coconut milk, chicken stock and lemongrass, bring to a boil then add the chicken, fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar and simmer gently for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Add the spinach, noodles and lime juice, cook for 1 more minutes then serve garnished with lime leaves and coriander.