ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Chicken chili is the perfect main course for spice and chicken lovers: learn how to prepare it with this easy and step-by-step recipe for chicken chili.
- Vegetable oil 4 tbsp
- Onion 1, finely chopped
- Garlic 1, clove, finely chopped
- Chili powder 1 tsp
- Potato 1, peeled and finely diced
- Chicken 2, breasts, skinned and chopped
- Red bell pepper 1, deseeded and chopped
- Red kidney beans 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Tomato 1 can, chopped
- Worchestershire sauce 2 tsp
- Bay 2 leaves
- Thyme leaves, to garnish
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
Heat the oil in a large pan and gently cook the onion until soft but not brown.
Add the garlic, cook for 1 minutes then add the chile powder.
Stir well then add the potato and chicken breasts and cook gently for 2 minutes.
Add the bell pepper, kidney beans, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves, season with salt and pepper and let simmer for 20 - 25 minutes, adding a little water if the sauce looks too dry.
Serve with thyme leaves scattered over.