ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Follow the simple steps below to prepare a mouthwatering cellophane noodles and herb salad with duck, that can be served as a tasty main course.
- Duck 2 breasts, fillets, approx. 300 g each
- Soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Honey 2 tbsp
- Noodles 200 g, cellophane
- Lime 4 (2 juiced, the others quartered )
- Groundnut oil 2 tbsp
- Celery 2 stalks, with leaves, cut into 8 cm lengths and sliced with a mandolin, leaves roughly chopped
- Mint 2 handfuls, leaves picked
- Thai basil 2 handfuls, leaves picked
- Chili pepper 2 small, red, deseeded and sliced into rings
- Peanuts 40 g, salted, roughly chopped
- Basil purple and green to garnish
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a tasty Cellophane Noodles and Herb Salad with Duck
- Heat the oven to 100°C (80°C in a fan oven),gas 1/4.
- Score a diamond pattern into the duck skin.
- Whisk the soy sauce with the honey and season with ground black pepper.
- Brown the duck breasts, skin side down, in a hot pan for approx. 5 minutes.
- Turn and fry briefly on the other side, then transfer to a wire rack, skin side up.
- Brush with the soy and honey mixture and place in the oven (with a tray beneath to catch the fat) and roast for around 30 minutes until cooked but still pink. Cool to lukewarm.
- Meanwhile, cook the cellophane noodles according to the instructions on the packet.
- Drain well, then cut into shorter lengths with scissors if desired.
- Mix together the lime juice and the groundnut oil.
- Mix through the celery, nana mint and Thai basil, and noodles.
- Finely slice the cooled duck breasts and arrange on plates with the salad.
- Scatter over the chillies and peanuts and add the quartered limes.
- Serve the cellophane noodles and herb salad garnished with purple and green basil and with mint.