ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
For the marinade
For the pepper salsa
For the glaze
- Spring onions 2, finely sliced
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
- Mix together the marinade ingredients and pour into a shallow dish. Season with a dash of ground black pepper. Add the pork chops, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- To make the salsa, heat the oil in a pan and fry the peppers and chilli for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add the sugar and vinegar, stir well and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste and keep warm.
- Heat the oven to 200°C (180°C in a fan oven), 400°F, gas 6.
- Mix all the glaze ingredients together in a bowl and set aside. Remove the chops from the marinade and fry quickly them on a high heat in an oven-proof casserole dish on each side until brown. Spread with the glaze and transfer the dish to the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chops) until cooked through.
- Place the chops on plates and top with the pepper salsa. Drizzle with the remaining glaze and the oven juices from the chops. Serve garnished with the spring onions.