ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for new meat dishes ideas? Try this butter chicken with spinach recipe, it's a simple Indian speciality to try absolutely.
- Spinach 150 g
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Yogurt 150 g, 3.5% fat
- Almonds 3 tbsp, finely ground
- Garam masala 2 - 3 tsp
- Five-spice powder a good pinch, indian
- Cinnamon a good pinch
- Cardamom a good pinch, ground
- Ginger 1 tsp, ground
- Tomato 1 tin, chopped
- Chicken 750 g, breast fillets
- Clarified butter 2 - 3 tbsp
- Onion 4
- Coconut milk 200 ml
- Vegetable stock as necessary
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Indian
How to prepare butter chicken with spinach
- Wash and sort the spinach and drain well.
- Peel the garlic and chop very finely.
- Mix the yogurt, ground almonds, garam masala, five-spice mixture, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, garlic, tomatoes and 1 tsp salt.
- Put the chicken breasts into a large bowl and pour the yogurt sauce over them.
- Mix and leave to stand in a cool place for at least 3 hours (preferably overnight).
- Heat the ghee in a deep nonstick frying pan, add the onions and sweat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and yoghurt mixture and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and a little vegetable stock if it is too thick.
- Bring to the boil over a low heat, stir in the spinach and cook very gently for 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and serve your butter chicken with spinach.