ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to prepare a delicious boiled beef with vegetables
- Bring 5 pints (about 2 1/2 litres) water to a boil in a large pot.
- Wash the beef and bones, pat dry and place in the pot (make sure that everything is covered with water).
- Add the bay leaf, marjoram, parsley, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Remove any scum.
- In the meantime peel the carrots, wash and trim the leek and celery and roughly chop.
- Peel the onion and press the cloves into it.
- Place the prepared vegetables into the pot about 40 minutes towards the end of cooking time.
- Take the meat out of the pot, cut into slices and place back into the pot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Cannot be frozen