ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Learn this classic Russian recipe for beef Stroganoff: it's an easy and delicious meat dish to try.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine East European/Russian
How to prepare a delicious beef Stroganoff
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Clean and thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Cut the gherkins into sticks lengthwise, then into thin strips.
- Cut the meat first into slices 1 cm thick, then into strips 1 cm wide.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the meat over a high heat for 2 minutes. Take out the pan and keep warm.
- Pour off the frying fat and add the butter to the pan.
- Sweat the onions and mushrooms in the butter, then dust with flour, add the stock and briefly bring to the boil.
- Stir in the sour cream and cook, stirring, until the sauce is reduced and creamy.
- Mix the meat, mustard and gherkins into the sauce, season with salt and pepper and add the lemon juice.
- Serve in bowls garnished with parsley.
- Boiled potatoes tossed in butter go well with this dish.