ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Beef with Shallots and Grenaille Potatoes
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make beef with shallots and grenaille potatoes
- Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain and run under cold water for a few minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Arrange the shallots in a roasting tin and drizzle with 25ml of the olive oil and sprinkle over the demerara sugar.
- Dot with the butter and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub the rump steaks with the groundnut oil and season generously.
- Heat a large heatproof frying pan over a high heat until smoking hot.
- Sear the steaks on both sides for a minute then transfer to the oven to finish cooking for 6-8 minutes depending on desired doneness.
- Remove when ready and transfer to a warmed plate, covering them loosely with aluminium foil for 5 minutes.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté the potatoes for 4-5 minutes, stirring and tossing occasionally.
- Remove the shallots from the oven at this point.
- Season with the parsley and some salt and pepper.
- Arrange the beef steaks with any juices in the middle of serving plates and spoon the shallots and potatoes on either side.
- Serve immediately.