ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Learn how to prepare a delicious beef fillet served with port shallots, celeriac cream and potato gratin. It's a classy dish perfect for any special occasion.
For the shallots
For the celeriac cream
For the potatoes au gratin
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 1
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160°C in a fan oven), gas 5 and line a baking tray with tin foil.
- Heat the clarified butter in a pan and fry the meat on a high heat for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper. Place the meat on the baking tray and roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, wrap in the tin foil and leave to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Reheat the oven to 200°C (180°C in a fan oven), gas 6.
- Heat the butter and the olive oil in a pan and fry the shallots for 4 minutes.
- Add the rosemary, then sprinkle with sugar and caramelise until light brown.
- Quench with balsamic vinegar and reduce completely.
- Add the port and the stock and reduce to about half on a low heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
To make the celeriac cream
- Place the celeriac in a pot and just cover with water.
- Season with salt and bring to the boil. Cook on a medium heat until the celeriac is soft. Drain and the puree.
- Stir in the celeriac ream and the butter and season well with salt, ground black pepper and nutmeg.
To make the potato gratin
- Cover the bottom of a large baking dish with flakes of butter.
- Add the potato slices and season with salt, ground black pepper and nutmeg.
- Then add the cream and bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut the beef fillet into thick cubes and cover with some potato gratin.
- Arrange on plates with the celeriac cream and the port shallots.
- Garnish with cress and fresh mushroom slices and serve immediately.