ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for appetizer ideas? Try this Italian speciality: battered and fried zucchini flowers are a delicious way to welcome your guests at your table.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make battered zucchini flowers
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan to 180°C using a kitchen thermometer to accurately gauge the temperature.
- Whisk together the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly whisk in enough sparkling water to make a pourable batter; it shouldn't be totally smooth.
- Dip the zucchini flowers into the batter, letting the excess drip off.
- Deep-fry 2-3 at a time until golden and crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
- Season with a little flaked salt.
- Repeat step 3 for the remaining zucchini flowers.
- Serve hot with a garnish of radicchio leaves.