ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Easy to prepare, this watercress soup is the perfect winter dish. Very healthy and comforting, this dish perfect to be served for lunch or dinner.
- Cream 4 - 6 tbsp, 35% fat
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a tasty watercress soup
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pan and add watercress, onion and potatoes.
- Cover and cook slowly over a low heat for 15-20 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock or water, cover and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Cool slightly.
- Transfer the vegetables in batches to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return to the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reheat gently and pour into bowls.
- Add a swirl of cream to each bowl just before serving.