ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for a new soup recipe? Try this venison soup with mushrooms, it's an easy and mouthwatering comforting dish perfect for winter.
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Venison 450 g, steaks, cut into cube
- Bacon 2 rashers, chopped
- Onion 1, finely chopped
- Carrot 1, finely chopped
- Garlic 1 clove, chopped
- Flour 1 tbsp
- Venison stock 750 ml (beef stock)
- White wine 250 ml
- Bay 2 leaves
- Thyme 2 tsp, dried
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Ceps 150 g, fresh
- Mushrooms 150 g ceps, 150 g, chanterelles, fresh, cleaned and chopped
- Bread 2 slices, white, stale, cut into cubes
- Cream 250 ml, 30 % fat
- Sour cream 4 tsp, to serve
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a delicious venison soup with mushrooms
- Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the venison pieces on all sides.
- Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
- Gently cook the bacon in the pan until the fat starts to run then add the onion, carrot and garlic and cook gently until the vegetables are soft.
- Sprinkle over the flour, cook for 1 minute then gradually add the stock and the wine.
- And the bay leaves and thyme, bring to a boil, season with salt and pepper and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and gently cook the ceps and chanterelles until lightly browned then transfer them to the pan with the venison and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Reheat the frying pan you used to cook the mushrooms and fry the bread cubes until golden brown.
- Stir the cream into the soup, check the seasoning and serve with the fried bread scattered over and the sour cream on top.