ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for a new vegan soup recipe? Try this amazing and comforting soup with kale, zucchini, chickpeas, served with quinoa.
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Onion 1, finely chopped
- Garlic 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Zucchini 1 large, diced 1 yellow, diced
- Quinoa 125 g, rinsed
- Tomato 400 g, canned, chopped
- Chickpeas 400 g, canned, drained
- Vegetable stock 1 1/4 l low-sodium
- Kale 140 g, curly, chopped
- Thyme 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Pepper black, freshly ground
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
How to prepare a delicious vegan soup with kale, zucchini, chickpeas and quinoa
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan set over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, zucchini, and a pinch of salt, sweating for 6 - 7 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the quinoa and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cover with the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, and stock, stirring well.
- Bring to a simmer, and then cover with a lid.
- Cook over a low heat for 20 minutes until the quinoa is tender.
- Stir through the kale and thyme, cooking for a further 3 minutes until starting to soften.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.